Do you want to take your photography to new heights… literally?
CASA-sponsored Drone Bootcamp and PhotoAccess are getting together to offer a drone photography course in 2018. Drone Bootcamp is unique in that it is the only Canberra-based UAV educator providing recreational and aspiring commercial drone pilots with short, cost-effective and innovative workshops to learn about UAVs in order to gain valuable flying skills without committing thousands of dollars and weeks of time.
What will the course entail?
Drones 101 for Photographers is a two-day course (consecutive Saturdays) providing photographers with an opportunity to learn about drones as a camera platform for aerial photography. The course is all about helping you to get started taking aerial photos and videos with the use of quadcopters – we’ll even provide you with a hobby-grade drone that is yours to keep. At the same time, you’ll learn to avoid the many pitfalls or problems faced when learning to fly, choosing an aerial platform, and operating safely and responsibly.
What are the credentials of the instructor?
Chief Drone Nerd of Drone Bootcamp is Mark Will – an aviation enthusiast and adopter of all things gadgety. Mark is a graphic designer, photographer, and teacher with a Graduate Diploma in Education (Art, Design and Technology) and over 15 years experience teaching in ACT colleges. Mark is a qualified commercial RPAS pilot holding the current CASA sub-7kg Remote Pilot Licence (RePL). Furthermore, Mark possesses the ACT Working with Vulnerable People (WwVP) and ACT Teacher Quality Institute (TQI) accreditation.
Content covered over the two-day workshop includes the following:
- Safety, responsibility and the CASA rules and regulations.
- First Person View (FPV) and GPS-capable drone technology explained.
- Drone buyer’s guide, advice, handy resources and apps to help get started.
- A show & tell of drone photography and videography.
- GoPro, DJI and DSLR-platforms explained.
- Key drone image-capture techniques, best filters, recommended post-production techniques and online galleries explained.
- Introductory flying skills, drills and activities on the FPV-capable Syma X5HW and X8UW (non-GPS) providing a basis for later upgrade to DJI products.
- Basic flying session on the DJI Phantom 3 Standard (GPS).
Next Drones 101 for Photographers workshop
WHERE: PhotoAccess, Manuka Arts Centre, Griffith ACT and
Emmaus Sports Complex, Bancroft Street, Dickson ACT
WHEN: Saturday TBA (9:00am – 4:30pm)
COST: TBA (Estimated $359 – $499pp)
BOOKING: Course is currently at the EOI stage – CONTACT US
If you’d like to pay by Direct Bank Deposit, CONTACT US for an invoice.
Our account details are:
Name: Drone Bootcamp
Account No.: 201099270